Updated 25 May 2018
Why do we collect personal data?
Your personal data is collected by me, Antje Brown, to enable me to provide an initial assessment or therapy for you.
The basis on which I collect and keep client data is that of “Legitimate Interest”. This means that the data is necessary for me to fulfil the contract that we have together (ie. to provide therapy) and that is the data that you would reasonably expect me to hold and use.
What personal data do we collect?
For those who enquire about therapy, the data I hold includes any information you have volunatarily sent me by email via my website.
For those who book and attend an initial meeting or at least one therapy session, the data I hold includes:
- Basic information such as your name, address, email address, phone number, date of birth and details of your GP.
- Basic information on your presenting difficulties and my recommendations for therapy.
- Basic information on the main issues raised in your therapy session.
- Information sent from any third party, eg GP or health professional.
Is data secure?
- Any emails sent between us are held on a secure computer.
- Therapy notes are handwritten, encrypted and kept in a locked filing cabinet. A coding system enables me to know whose notes are whose, but in the very unlikely event that a stranger were to access these notes they would not be able to identify who they refer to.
Do we share or sell your personal data?
Data is not shared with anyone, except possibly your GP and for any reasons covered by the Requirements for Disclosure which are detailed and discussed when we first meet.
I do not and will never sell your data to any third party.
How long do you keep data?
Your data is kept for 7 years. The length of time is based on the stipulation of my insurer. After this time any paper records are shredded.
What are your data rights?
You have the following rights with regards to the personal data held:
- The right of access. I will provide you with all data I hold on you within 30 days of your request.
- The right to rectification. If any data I hold is incorrect, please let me know and I will correct it as soon as possible.
- The right to data portability. This might apply if you want your notes sent to another therapist for example.
If you have any questions about your data rights, please contact Antje Brown on 07717718050.
Cookies are small text files that are automatically placed on your device to help our website give you a better user experience.
However we do not use these cookies for any purpose whatsoever.